Sunny Side Up
Here is a backwards (don’t ask) video on how to make great looking sunny side up eggs. Some things to keep in mind:
- I know, I know. I say “um” a lot. It’s because I like to be thorough and specific and my brain and mouth don’t work at the same speed.
- There’s a little “dead air” while the eggs are actually cooking. Let’s get real. I can’t figure out how to edit the videos and it’s not like this is the Food Network. I do my best. Give me a break.
- Yeah. I said they’re perfect. What of it?
So if you can get past these things, hopefully you will write and share a picture of your beautiful eggs with me.
A few more egg related notes:
- If you like smaller, thicker, softer whites such as these ↓
all you do is use a smaller pan, crack them further away from one another and do not tilt your pan to let the whites spread.
- I’m sure someone somewhere is going to disagree with me about something. Seriously, I did a search for sunny side eggs and I found basted ones. This is what I know to be correct according to the places I have cooked, the people who have taught me and the research I have done.